The UAB foundation's mission is to improve the quality of UAB patients lives by supporting research and disseminating information that educates and empowers patients, families and the medical community.
The UAB Foundation is a not-for-profit education and research organization that advances awareness and monitoring of ever-expanding and evolving treatments available to improve outcomes for underactive bladder patients.
The public service objectives of the UAB foundation are to:
- Empower patients with knowledge of the most effective known treatment options that limit the risks of complications and side effects
- Encourage physicians to stay medically current and help them access and actively engage with top experts in the field
- Provide information based upon peer-reviewed medical research, literature, and reputable studies that will enable the patient to knowledgeably participate with his health care team in developing the best individual treatment strategy
- Support research that can most immediately improve patient outcomes
- Advocate treatment options based on the biologic manifestations of the underactive bladder, the patient’s overall health, and the outcomes desired by the patient
- Educate through conferences, seminars, helpline, website, newsletters, brochures and other publications, the latest tools and updates that may immediately benefit patients andphysicians willing to explore advances available to treat underactive bladder
- Involve patient families and loved ones in the treatment plans
- Share with other organizations and support groups information and opportunities to coordinate efforts and to support fellow organization’s progress in fighting the condition and its effects upon patients and their families
- Promote Underactive Bladder Awareness
The website is www.underactivebladder.org